Sunday, July 14, 2013

Current events rants and raves

 The bonus of having a blog... I will write what I think and feel, simply because I can!



1.  I am tired of hearing about "the race card" (Paula Deen "nigger" statement and Trayvon Martin murder)
2.  I am proud of Texas
3.  I like great news stories
4.  And you can thank me later for sparing you all my (not so loving) thoughts on our (not so good at all) president.  This is my blog and truth be told I don't even want his face nor name to grace the pages I write upon--- so he can sensor that too while he taps my phone *rolling eyes*


Paula Deen:  I disagree with her-- OR ANYONE- using derogatory words like Nigger.  However, how can ANYONE judge her on something that happened 30 years previous, half her life ago.  In addition at that time she was under distress.  Then, in the law suit a lot of the complaints are actually against her brother.  I hope I never get judged based on a bad decision my siblings may make.  Furthermore, how is it acceptable to purchase music from singers with much worse words and including that, yet not ok for her to have said it in the past!?  It seems like this is a publicity- get rich quick- suing stunt by her alleged "victim.  If we are to boycott her, then we have a Gigantic list of others to add to our list of people, places and groups to boycott.  How about we learn to stop the double standards?!


Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman: The stories have changed numerous times.  Or so it seems.  It's a horrible, completely avoidable situation it seems.  I don't know the specifics because I wasn't there.  However, I am almost willing to bet it is minimally based on "race" in reality, in those moments, where as it was quickly blown far out of proportion by the media and others.  Sadly there is no winner in this case.  Regardless what truly happened that night, no one will ever get to walk away unchanged who was involved in it.  If GZ truly was just protecting himself, he's just been through one heck of an ordeal.  If he is actually guilty he has to live with that conscious of his and ultimately he will be far more judged by someone with far more power and say one day.  But ultimately I don't really think what occurred in that court room had anything to do with "Innocence" or "Guilt".  That is not the job of our justice system as much as Proving beyond a reasonable doubt, something the prosecution did not successfully do.  The jury didn't find GZ innocent, instead they found that not enough clear, proof and evidence was delivered to them.  Therefore they couldn't do anything but say not Guilty.  They can ONLY determine based upon the evidence in front of them.  The odds are high these jury members will feel a burden of having to have made this decision and I am so thankful I am not in their shoes.  Not only do an enormous amount of people feel they failed a teen and screwed up I am even seeing threatening thing online to them and their families.  Of course Trayvon's family will never be the same either.  Perhaps we can learn something from all of this.  I admittedly did not follow the case.  It seemed to drag on FOREVER and it was made into a black vs white thing I felt.  oNE THING IS FOR SURE, FURTHER VIOLENCE WILL NOT SOLVE ANYTHING.  All these threats, memes of GZ with a target, and foolish talk only continue a potential race game that so many claim to be so against. How about we now learn to come to peace as a community and country and not to continue the hate and anger over things completely out of our control.  The trial is done and over with.  You can agree, disagree but more anger violence and hate will only create more situations like this.


As if it is some shocking secret, I am 100% Pro-Life and 100% against Abortions.So, I am delighted in Texas' new stiffer Abortion laws! 
The legislation, passed late Friday following weeks of mass protests and a high-profile filibuster, allows abortions only in surgical centers, requires doctors who perform them to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals, dictates when abortion pills are taken and bans abortions after 20 weeks unless the woman's life is in imminent danger. 
Of course I fully anticipate some opposition and plenty of dishonesty amongst providers of abortions, but this is certainly a GIANT step in the right direction!  They have joined several other states (41 I think... according to the always reliable Wikipedia "Forty-one states now have laws restricting post-viability abortions") who already have similar laws, but every state that joins is a victory.  I am hoping to live long enough (or actually short enough, but that is too optimistic I think) to see Roe vs Wade and legal adoptions reversed.  Babies are survivg extremely preterm births as early as 21-22 weeks.  So to have abortions at that point is IDENTICAL to a murder, seriously-- think about it!  With the always advancing medical technology especially, ALL babies deserve a chance at life regardless of any conditions (Downs Syndrome, Trisomy 18, Etc and ESPECIALLY regardless of their mothers' selfishness!)  There are countless loving families who are having to go out of the country to adopt so I find it hard to believe these "unwanted" children wouldn't be able to find families.


 I am proud to hear of a good news story- or let me clarify a "happy ending" from my home state.  Temar Boggs and his friend only identified as Chris thus far were able to chase down and apparently scare a kidnapper into releasing a 5 year girl he abducted from her front yard.  When the suspect released Jocelyn Rojas, the two boys rescued her and immediately contacted help.  Thanks to their bravery they likely saved her life.  Currently Lancaster, PA police have a person of interest who has since been arrested on failure to re-register as a sex offender.  Hopefully this girl won't suffer any long term effects from this ordeal and I'm hoping nothing horrible happened to her in the two hours, although likely something did.  But most thankfully she is now back home with her mom and safe from whatever potential much worse plans her attacker may have had. 




No comments:

Post a Comment