Wednesday, August 28, 2013

City School has begun: Anthony and my 1st day back

Well, since I couldn't take the kids for donuts before school, I planned ahead.  Sunday night I bought some on discount at the groccery store.  The kids were fully satisfied with my @2.49 dozen--- that evening, the next morning and for after supper snack the past two nights... well Jayna had ice cream instead last night, but same difference!

This years school arrangement and timing means that I drive both kids to mom's on my way to work.  Anthony's bus comes 10 min later this year than last and I have to leave the house 10 min earlier in the morn to drop Jayna off at mom's so instead of leaving him home alone in hopes he can figure out timing and pull himself away from the computer/game etc at the right moment, Mom and dad take both kids.  I drop them off at 7:45am.  They get Jayna to school at 8:15 and Anthony to school by 8:35.

Anthony is shy and doesn't say much about school.  Which is an improvement from last year when he was upset about the bully.  If it is bad, he will alert us so minimal reports means he is just fine.  I do like his teacher Mrs. Mattocks.  She taught 2nd last year but moved up to 4th this year.  She is very sweet and hopefully will be a repeat of his amazing 2nd grade year with Mrs. Carroll and make up for the craptastic year last year with the not so beloved teacher.

I am glad to be back to my beloved crossing guarding!  My Lynchburg Police Department friends have already been extra helpful this year and the start of the year this year has been more smooth as far as violations go than last year.  The busses have had a rough time getting to school on time but that will improve in the next week and life at school will become routine... well mostly routine.  3 days into the school year and I haven't really had anyone sail through the the stop sign, and only one car has tried to intentionally disobey my directions--- I won that dispute.  My police buddy, cruiser 45 has been cruising my street and has caught illegally parked cars and so far has been kind to only give warnings.  Seeing is so much easier when my line of vision isn't blocked.  Now to see how long it lasts going so smoothly.









No comments:

Post a Comment