Sunday, May 19, 2013

The beginning, or not, it's me!

It's time to blog and stick to it.  I love to write, I have the free time, and I don't want to forget life's little pleasures-- or annoyances in some cases.

I read a blog today and it totally described me.  And so I will take that inspiration and run with it.  That blogger also wanted to blog, but never felt like it was the "right" time, because she wasn't starting from the beginning.  The describes me.  I have blogged before, but then too it didn't feel 'right'. 

Realistically there is no way to start at a beginning anyways so I will start where I am.  I will write about whatever comes to mind.  I will try my best to stick with it, but if I don't I won't beat myself up over it and will pick up again when the timing in life works.

About me:
 I am a member of a foster, adopted, biological family.  That being said all topic on unique families, large families, adoption, foster care, pregnancy, baby names and anti-abortion interest me.  I am passionate about my family.  I love each sibling equally.  I am thankful to be in this family.

I have been a hard worker and enjoy working.  So it is likely awkward to know I resigned from a full time good paying job for someone of my age and educational level to be a mostly "stay at home mom"... who tries not to stay at home.  I like to stay busy.  I work a third shift job 3 days a week.  I work an awesomely fun job as a crossing guard 5 days a week twice a day.  Between the two jobs I work about 40 hours and yet I don't miss much time with my kids which is essential to me.  I lost far too much time already by devoting it to be a successful Restaurant General Manager.  Now I prefer my top title to simple be, Wife, Mom, Family member.   I now can volunteer a lot in the kids' school too and I enjoy it.

I was a young wife and mother.  Teen pregnancy and parenting interest me.  Beating the odds, over coming challenges and stomping out statistics inspire me.  I will write about such things.

I am not excessively healthy, but I want to become more healthy.  I'm neither fat or skinny and I won't diet because at this point I don't have the commitment that would take.  However I have most recently set some new life style changes.  My goal from now until the 4th of July is to bike/jog/walk with my kids a 5k at least four times a week.  I started this last week, on Mother's Day and have full intentions of following through.  I have entered my first 5k.  It's on the 4th of July!  I am ready!  I do enjoy riding my bicycle but am not a great biker by a long shot.  I have done Bike MS 150 for the past 6 years.  I will likely be doing it again soon- August 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment