Sunday, May 26, 2013

Appreciated and Appreciating

Yes, typical me- life got in the way of daily blogging-- as I had anticipated, but I still plan on blogging multiple times a week.  I want to remember the positives in this life of mine and if I don't write them down the odds are too high that I will forget them.

Last Wed, one of my walkers (actually car rider but mom parks and takes him in rather than the car pool line drop off) told me I should come to his play.  It was nearing 8:30 and the play was at 9.  That was too sweet and awesome that he wanted ME, just the crossing guard, to come watch their play!  I did of course!!  It didn't actually start until 9:30am.  It was a play put on by some of the 5th graders called Don't Rock the Boat.  The performers did great, singing, acting, speaking, good expressions and laughter filled parts as well.  Unfortunately there was some technical difficulties with the microphones, so at times it was hard to hear or static/squealing from the mics, but still I thoroughly enjoyed my 2nd RSPES activity that I had been invited to.  Previously, prior to Easter I had been invited to go to the school carnival so I scooped up some friends with kids and paid our way to help support our student body here.  It too was fantastic.
I have been keeping MORE THAN BUSY with all the end of the year school dealings at Sheffield- my kids' school.  Monday I did round 1 of Talent show try outs, Wednesday I did round 2 of talent show try outs, Thursday I did my typical volunteering in the classroom for two of the 2nd grade rooms filing papers.  I also got to help Mrs. Carroll out as she (in typical Mrs. Carroll fashion) went above and beyond and gave her class who didn't get to participate in an academic field trip (Jayna nor Anthony got to a high enough reading level to qualify) a snowcone, popcorn and movie filled morning.  The kids thoroughly approved.  Mrs. Carroll and the classroom aide (who is there specifically for Chris... more on him coming) Mrs. Smith are fabulous and a great team.  I am so glad my girlie gets to have them!


 After in the classroom volunteering I did 2.5 hours of Talent Show prep, rehearsal fun.... or chaos whichever word you prefer.  Friday I was at school ALL-DAY-LONG volunteering for Field Day.  The younger kids- PreK to 1st grade went first and it was so fun watching their excitement.... sometimes to the degree of a tad of misbehavior.  I also got to shadow a Kindy group with an AMAZING teacher- who also happens to be on the PTO board.  I had never really spoke to her prior to becoming secretary this winter.  She's so much fun, keeps the kids giggling and you can see her love for her class flowing.  It is a breath of fresh air to see first hand these types of teachers admist the horror stories you watch on the news and hear of.  The 2nd group was 2nd grade-5th.  I can admit it is hard to split my time fairly between my two kiddos.  But I can also say it is biasedly easy to stick with Jayna's class longer since I am a gigantic fan of her teacher.  And then to add, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE watching the ALWAYS upbeat, happy, positive smiling Chris in her class.  Chris is blind.  Chris can't be slowed down and although I have been in the classroom at LEAST 1 day a week every single week this year, on every field trip, class party and event I am  yet to see anything slow him down at all.  Field day was no exception.  I love getting to know this amazing dude who despite what others would view as a disability he is just perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment