Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Life's Simple Pleasures

Most of my day has been filled with my life's simple pleasure.  I watched this movie this morning.  It's a good reminder to be thankful for whatever time you have.  Remember, You don't have to find out you are dying to start living and to enjoy what and who you have.
*warning, this movie is a 22 minute tear jerker*

Shhh don't tell Marko I'm enjoying driving his car, something very rarely get to do.  But since he is out of town, I have been able to drive the fancy computer on wheels :-)

As is typical I enjoyed my crossing guard duties.  The people I encounter are kind and appreciative.  Well the cars-- some of them are not so kind but I still smile. hope it starts my walkers day school off pleasantly and in a good mood.   Tally, very shy Tally now says good morning and smiles without her mommy or daddy prompting her--- only took sweet Tally 9 months!  I  felt quiet special and amused to be "awarded" a free drink and snack!

Obviously I wasted far too much time on my computer, but to me that is a simple pleasure.

I won't lie and say waiting FOREVER for Marko's car to get a free oil change was pleasureful, but it was free so I shouldn't complain about the 90 minutes of wasted time.... since I did get to sit in the ac inside and watch A Baby Story on TLC-- something I haven't done in years now since we do not have cable.

Then it was crossing guard time again.  Although it was a toast 93 degrees, I thoroughly enjoy that job.  It may be simple but it is also enjoyable interacting with the parents, walkers, friendly bus drivers and the neighbors who know me now.  I have even taught some of the grumpy old drivers that IT IS OK to smile and wave.  Two of the drivers still try not to wave, the same 2 I have NEVER seen even crack a partial smile.... and for that I am glad my kids have a sweet friendly Mrs. Sharon as their driver, not the old grumps on 31 or 87 specifically.

At home my brother came to Jayna's rescue to make her a cd to hula to for the talent show since Marko is out of town and I am technologically challenged with no desire to improve at this time.  Jayna tried on her talent show outfit and we got to practice together while blasting her music.

Anthony played with friends, Stevie happily grubbed on the grass (and chocolate pudding his stole from the cabinet along with microwave popcorn).  Simple free fun watching the three kids-- Stevie, Anthony and Jayna having fun and exercising outside.

Then we had breakfast for supper, one of my favorite meals and Marko's least favorite.  But since he is out of town I took advantage of eating French Toast, Eggs and Bacon at 8:30PM, not am.

No comments:

Post a Comment