Friday, November 1, 2013

Bridge Day Weekend

We left mom and dad's house at 4:56pm for Oak Hill, WV-- Nana and Papa's house.  We made it about 9ish- with two stops.
Nana never fails us with her 10star meals.  We had AMAZING vegetable soup.  There was also chilli which to date I have never tried. And unless I loose all taste buds I never will due to the hate of hamburger. But better yet was my favoritest mostest deliciously perfect strawberry salad.  If I said I ate half of this by myself, I am probably telling the truth.  If I said I didn't want to share ANY, I am CERTAINLY telling the truth.... just in case anyone was wondering.
I went to bed around 11pm. With my typical crazy schedule it doesn't take much to tire me out.  On my non-third shift days I am an early to bed chick to catch up on sleep without missing out on family time and moments with my children.  This was my first Friday since February that I wasn't working 3rd shift.  It was enjoyable yet odd- because it is not my norm at all.  Saturday wake up was a bit before 9am. We had a laid back morning.  Just about noon we headed to the Bridge for Bridge Day festivities.
First we did rock climbing for Jayna
she nearly made it to the top.  But about 2 feet from the top she got to scared.  We tried to convince her to keep going.  She was not doing it.

Then Anthony did the monster trampoline, complete with flips.
Of course Poppy and the crew had to Duck it up...

... we became "famous" and are on Shentel's facebook page.  They were a Bridge Day Sponsor.
The kid's did the wordless bracelet face (or in their choice- hand) painting.  They were told the gospel story while they got their paintings done and got a wordless bracelet.



Then, Jayna spotted it.... a Pull up bar!  She was thrilled and rushed as quickly as she could over to the Marine's booth.  The Marine I guess was extra week and wouldn't lift Jayna up, so Uncle Joe did.  12 pull ups later she won herself a water bottle and a lot of bragging rights.  We didn't see anyone get more than she did!
Then, onto the bridge...
After the parachuting fun, we enjoyed lunch!  Ant got pizza, Jayna hotdog, Joe chicken sammich and everyone shared two delicious (Big) orders of home cut and seasoned fries! So very delicious!  The kids had cupcakes for snack afterwards. We spent three fun hours on the bridge.
After we got back to Nana and Papa's it was time for some work. Papa is so strong and never takes it easy. He however has knee replacement surgery a month ago so can't do his normal, So we spent Saturday late afternoon raking leaves to take them away.  Good Golly that took quite a while!  The kids enjoyed the leaves while Dad, Amanda and I raked, bagged and dumped them in the pick-up.

Dad and Amanda took the truck full of leaves to dump before supper.  Nana had made a fantastic dinner!  She had ham, baked beans, taters, fruit, broccoli, brussel sprouts, MY strawberry salad and bread for supper.  We had a large group (but nothing compared to Thanksgiving!) Of supper, yet somehow I managed to miss getting a picture of Kelvin or Robert and his lady-friend.  That is certainly a rarity for me.  For dessert we had our choices of homemade angelfood cake with strawberries, blackberry cobbler or chocolate banana cake with caramel icing.  Everything was amazing beyond words. 

On Sunday we had a simple morning-- with one of my 2 favorite breakfasts ever-- hot tea and strawberry salad-- Dad don't worry your Apple pancakes are tied for favorite breakfast!
After church Nana, made fabulous homemade pancakes for lunch, along with bacon, eggs, ham, veggie soup and chilli.  I had 2 bowls of veggie soup and three pancakes.  Jayna gobbles down two pancakes while Anthony devoured 6!  Amanda had her first ever duck egg, fresh off the city farm--- also known as mom and dad's house haha.
After filling up our bellies it was time to work in the wood and stack it for the winter in the porch for easy access.  Joe, Amanda, Dad and I stacked the kinlin and the logs.  I fully plan to enjoy the fire's warmth come Thanksgiving!!


Shortly there after it was time to hit the road.  So that means let the countdown begin... 37 days in between this visit's end and the start of our Thanksgiving visit!

1 comment:

  1. I read every word and paused at each photo in your informative blog. Yes, it's Mr. Anonymous, one of the dinner guests who didn't get his photos snapped. Maybe I'll get invited back for Thanksgiving and find a chance for a photo then :)

    ReplyDelete