Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Best Sight- A post all about Anthony

For anyone who has had a child with educational delays, you will FULLY get my excitement when I clicked on the kids's school website and saw this:
This has never happened before!!  This is the same child they said was at risk of failing grade 2 and struggled from Kindy through 2nd grade.  Something clicked there at the end of 2nd grade and now this is 4th grade!!  Way to go Antman!!!
**disclaimer- this is grades 3-12 with a GPA of 3.5 or better

Yesterday 11/4
It's official! I have been "text hacked" (as opposed to fb status hack) for the first time-- by an amazingly fun 9 year old.
Anthony texted his Uncle Mark (my brother) randomly from my cell phone:
"Your my favorite brother ever"
haha, I think I am more amused by my text hacking than I would be by fb, so random and so directed at one individual


Today 11/5
We went to vote this morning before school
 It's a pretty heated race in our area-- a semi close race for Gov and Delegate.  We are also voting on a sheriff.  
You need some brief back story and then because I never get to the point quick enough you will also get some useless details
Ron Gillespie has been Sheriff for 11ish years now, but an officer in Lynchburg for 43.  This is him:
He was/is running against Kevin Chapman.  Kevin was at our polling place... in fact he took our picture above (but he isn't up to date on how to use an iphone haha) and seemed nice!

After we voted, and then had our picture taken Anthony randomly asks "Did you vote for Mr. Billy for Sheriff".  First off there were no pictures of any canidates at our polling place but apparently he had seen the giant Gillespie sign between our house and my parents.  I of course said Mr. Billy, the school Ast Prinicpal isn't running.  Anthony replied "I know but he's a Mr. Billy looking guy, I wanted you to vote for him because he's like Mr. Billy"
Mr Billy in red
Mr. Billy's school picture-- but really he looks very little like this and his hair is more white now.


1 comment:

  1. Amazing job, Anthony, and kudos to mom for encouraging both children to an early interest in elections and voting :)

    ReplyDelete