Thursday, October 3, 2013

I love it...

I love it that at 5'1.5" my 9 year old son still asks for a morning hug every morning when I wake him up before he even gets out of the bed

I love that at ages 8.5 and 9.5 Marko and I are still and only referred to as Daddy and Mommy... although sometimes the word Mean comes in front of it-- can't win them all!

I love that we don't have cable and it has allowed me to shelter my kids!  They are clueless that The picture on the top correlates to the picture on the bottom!  Their Christmas and birthday requests are not the newest advertised gadgets, it is things that actually interest and entertain them not things the tv makes look great.  I choose what "news" my kids see or don't see... And my list goes on and on!... And yes they still watch and enjoy the beloved Hannah Montana!

 I love that they play sports and can have a lot of fun, even when they aren't winning.  They play for all the reasons I think are important.  And although SURE it's nice to win, that at their ages isn't our main focus!

I love that they haven't outgrown the love of playgrounds, hikes with mom, simple and free fun that we can take advantage of in our community without me having to find a 3rd paying job to finance it all.

I love that they both have a best friend or two, but that even more than that, they are one another's best friend on most days!  They have a bond that is indescribable!

I love that they are comfortable in their own skin.  They don't need a buddy to hang with 24/7, they are capable of entertain their self and having their own opinions..  Especially Jayna is fully content playing by herself and doing what SHE likes.  She is not a follower by any sense of the word. 

I love Jayna's strength and dare devil personality and the fact she has yet to allow fear to win.  Here is her newest accomplishment--- first at the school this year on playfround time to slide across the top because ding flips and hanging in every other position became too normal and routine.  YES she was nervous, but she did it!
I love their excitement over even the simplest things-- like butterflies and caterpillars, earning $1 for doing chores or even have fun doing a chore- like washing the van at the car wash

I love their sense of accomplishment and how they can have pride in themselves for a job well done or a newly learned skill- both big or small


I love how they call their Aunts and Uncle "Aunt" so and so or "Uncle" so and so a majority of the time and how they have their own great love of family and are clueless on a DNA connection or not.
Most of all I just love being their mom and watching their personalities explode and being fully involved with them in both the most simple and most complex things in their lives.
Now back to the un-fun part of being their mom.... their 4 baskets of laundry most of which I am CERTAIN was clean and rewashed because they put it in the dirty... Oh the fun I have being their mom!




1 comment:

  1. Busy Beth, terrific job teaching your children what the term family is all about :D

    Signed, Old WV Family Friend to the End

    ReplyDelete