Thursday, February 5, 2015

It's so January

I have a new found life--- called a 40 hour job, that thus far I enjoy!!  So it has greatly overstepped into my blogging and free time.  But it has also got me new van tires, heating oil and a newly recovered arm on kid 1, and a ski trip for kid 2.  Yes we live on the wild side.  So here is my small blog of Januaryness.

Jan 1- I brought in the new year old sleeping, because that's what's in style when you are 30 and have work at 5:30am.

Jan 1-5 I still had my amazing beautiful niece Shania for the week.  While I worked she'd go to my mom's with the kids when Marko wasn't home.  Love having her here!!

Jan 3- we added RyLee to our sleepover!  The girls came with me to work.


January 10th Jayna heart her finger at mom and dad's house on one of those jumbo exercise balls--- only my kid ;-)
it was easily a huge highlight for Anthony.  It was D.J. and Logan's nerf birthday party.  Anthoy got $30 for Christmas, he spent $20 of it on the "best" nerf gun he chose after looking at 3 different stores!


January 11th-- THE COWBOYS WERE KICKED OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Jan 12th my poor little niece Ziya had quite the seizure, but luckily all checked out well after a 2 day hospital stay.  SO glad you are ok now sweet Ziya!
That evening my 5 year old nephew, sweet Carter seriously broke his arm after falling off his bunk bed.  I love you CJ!

January 14th- the kids were given a snowday from school which matched up with my day off work, so we took advantage of it!  We had lunch at CiCi's Pizza where we spotted my little brother and his friend Corey.

Then we went to the dollar movies and watched Alexander and the horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day.  I always liked that book, and it was a great clean movie!


January 15th I picked the kids up from school early.  Anthony had an ortho appointment where they removed his now 3rd cast and put on a 4th after doing xrays.



Then we went to med express because Jayna's finger was still very swollen and she couldn't bend it still even after 5 days in a finger splint.  It was determined it was just a severe jam and 10 more days she'd be back to normal.
January 22nd- and I'm so bummed I have no photo to share with you.  It was Adventure/Pathfinder Club night.  We learned about Tanzania and cooked a Tanzanian meal-- and the highlight is my group was given the hardest meal dish to prepare--- and it was edible.  This was my first club meeting in 18 mos w/o photos, my apologies in advance, I'm sure you are equally disappointed.

January 26th my sweet nephew C.J. had to have surgery on his broken arm.  Although longer than expected it was a success.
before
after


The arm a few days after surgery
He got a new cast a week after surgery




And this brings January to a close, after covering the highlights!

1 comment:

  1. Although we had different insights into 1/11, we can agree that Jan. was survived intact by all :)

    ReplyDelete