Monday, February 2, 2015

Dec happenings

Well in order to catch up, here is a blog of 101 things of December!

On Dec 4th we had our last Adventure club for 2014 full of fun and games and the Christmas message too!
open hershey kisses with gigantic gloves

connect the candy canes relay

gingerbread houses out of graham cracker

Christmas songs with bells and the Nativity story w/ sticker pages
Dec 5th I was offered a job at Centra Health.  Then I went on Anthony's community service field trip to deliver the angel tree gifts the class had collected.



Dec 6th the kids and dad ran in the Jingle Bell Run in Bedford.  Dad took 3rd in his age group.  Anthony took 1st in his age group.
Dec 7th we went to the Christmas parade with friends and my nieces Angela and Shania in downtown Lynchburg!
after the parade, we went to see the girls dad in the hospital who was having surgery.

Dec. 9th- We got to babysit RyLee, Jayda and Leah!  The girls love being together with Jayna.  And best of all Rylee and Jayda re-did their Christmas program for us, as we missed it because it was Adventure Club night.  And now 2 months later I still catch myself randomly humming and singing those songs!
Dec. 12th-13th- Anthony had Jesse spend the night.  As usual I worked 3rd shift and just after I got to work Zach and Rebekah came into town.  After 3rd shift, I went to mom and dad's to visit with Zach and Rebekah.  I was also babysitting Adrianna and Andrea.  Zach and Rebekah opened their Christmas goodies.  Anthony was very happy to have Steeler the dog there.
Rebekah and Zach opening gifts
Poppy opening his gft all the kids and mom chipped in to get him--- a family Blankeez
dad beyond shocked to find his ancient bible rebound and looking new on the outside- and still holding on his notes on the insides
Anthony and Steeler
Afterwards we all headed downtown.  They were having their Christmas stuff.  I took the two girls on a carriage ride and Santa visit.  Afterwards we enjoyed pizza for lunch.  Anthony chose to stay with Poppy and Jayna spent most the day at practice for her Christmas program at church.

After downtown fun we headed to Amazement Square for Tabitha's 10th birthday party.



Dec. 14th marks our 11th year wedding Anniversary!  And what says Happy Anniversary better than a quick lame selfie with your love!?



That evening was Jayna's Christmas program at church!






Dec. 15th I babysat Jayla while Alisa has dentist appointment 1 of 2.  Jayla also chose her birthday gift from me-- 3 weeks early and got to ride the Christmas train at the mall.



Dec 16th I was able to catch up and chat with a wonderful former customer of mine from BK.  You're awesome my "diet coke lady" and I am grateful for our friendship!

Dec 17th I babysat Jayla again and we went to see Tanya and the three of us had a fun morning and lunch at Wendy's together.

Dec 18th Anthony broke his arm at school and the kids had their Christmas play at school--- all described in previous blog, The Christmas Break
Here's a cute short clip from the "credits" after the play

Dec 19th the kids got out of school at 12:30 and we did the dr thing as previously written about.  Anthony got his cast, Rj spent the night and Jayna spent the next 4 nights at Aunt Beth's with Kierra and Cale. And sadly, I had my final day as the crossing guard for Robert S. Payne Elementary.


Dec 20th marked Joe's 12th Adoption Birthday!!  I babysat Alayna that day.



Dec 21st I went to my niece Kierra's Christmas play at her church.  She did awesomely.

Here's part of Kierra's solo

Dec22nd I had to go for all my medical screenings at Employee Health and HR for my job at Centra Health

Dec 23rd my youngest niece turned 1!!!!!

We got to open our gifts from Aunt Missy, Uncle Justin and the boys!  We also had Alonza over for a sleepover.  We went to see the Christmas tree at the very top of the LU Mountain.


Dec 24th The most exciting thing happened in the middle of the night.  I couldn't fall asleep although I laid down at 10pm I was still wide awake when a dear friend texted that she was in labor and needed me to watch her three precious daughters at 1:30am. Much like the Christmas story, I was awaiting the arrival of a baby with great excitement and anticipation. Merry Christmas Eve and Happy Birthday Natalie!
I had one more appointment at employee health meeting at 7:45am for my Centra Health job. Then I took Alisa Christmas shopping for Jayla.  The kids and I went to the Thomas Rd Christmas Eve program.  We visited with Grandma Pam for a little bit until it was time to do Christmas Eve gift giving and Christmas message in the bible with my parents and littlest brother.

Dec 25th when I got up-- heck yes we sleep in a little, always have-- I went to the hospital to meet Miss Natalie Grace and visit with Tiffany and Dustin.

Marko met me at mom and dad's with the kids when I left the hospital for lunch.  After a little visiting, we went home and opened gifts.  Marko enjoyed a nap, Anthony played games, Jayna and I took frozen pizzas and a pie to Tiffany's house as they were released from the hospital, nothing is open on Christmas and who wants to cook one day after having a baby!?  We went to Momma's house about 5:30 and celebrated Christmas there with her, Ray (Marko's brother), Chastity (his gf), Cameron (her son), John (Momma's friend), Aunt Dee and her friend Ben and LaVonda (Marko's brother Derek's gf) and her 3 kids.



Dec 27th I spent most the day at Brandy's house visiting with the kids and Bran.  Shania came home with me and stayed us for a week!  This was also Mark's adoption day!

Dec 29th I started my job at Centra!  After work the girls went with me to the mall.



Dec 30th my amazing nephew Hunter turned 15!!!
from a precious 6 week old in Jan 2000
to this handsome young man now


Dec 31st we had a mini New Years celebration with Anthony and Shania while Jayna had a sleepover with Andrea and Adrianna.  I was asleep by 10pm because 5am comes so early!!




1 comment:

  1. It may be only about a hundred events, but each of those photos can't be adequately described in a thousand words...blessings, all of them!

    ReplyDelete