Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Teacher's Appreciation Week

Seriously, Teacher's Appreciation Week really is my favorite week of the year.  I like to be able to acknowledge with a small token all the hard work my kids teachers do. (Ok and admittedly sometimes it is a good exercise for me in kindness for the couple of teachers my kids have had and I wasn't a fan of....)
This is our 8th year doing something for it and our third year of a little something each day.  The challenge this year was to ensure all the gifts were non-edible as I know the kids teachers this year have dietary concerns whether they would prefer not to be eating junk food (which realistically is the only snack I would give as a gift I think) or whether they genuinely had a restriction.  So, this year I had to think much further outside of the box than is my typical.

Two years ago we did this.... the kids had a bunch of teachers!
Last year we did this.  And amusingly Anthony Was very very hesitant to give them to his teachers so little sister got to do it after I found them coming home from school too!


This year, Mrs Melanie helped me by unlocking Mrs. Jeannie's room briefly at the end of the camping trip so we could plant gift 1 in her room.  Earlier this school year one of the kids accidentally broke her microwave.  So when I found a fabulous deal the week before (2nd hand), I grabbed it.  Knowing J couldn't carry and deliver this gift, she just delivered this "part" of the gift-- the actual microwave looked just like the picture:
Brilliant-- 4:30am stinkin spelling error I hadn't noticed.  That's what I get for making things while working 3rd shift.
 Instead of a microwave, Mrs. Kelly got two new Christian cds--- Matthew West and Steven Curtis Chapman. (bottom right corner)

In case the writing is too small:
Day 1 Microwave says:
Thanks for helping me learn I have the power to Achieve many things. 
Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week, Love, Jayna
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and self control. 1 Timothy 1:7

Day 1 CDs:
You are a joy to us and more importantly, you are a joy to Christ!
Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week, Love, Anthony
Oh Come let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.  Psalm 95:1

Every other day of the week both teachers would get the same gift and note, in no particular order.

Highlighters
Thanks for making our school year bright!
Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week, Love, Jayna/Anthony
I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.  Ephesians 1:6

Picture Frame
Thanks for helping me have a picture perfect year!
Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week, Love, Jayna/Anthony
He that handles a matter wisely shall find good: and whoever trusts in the LORD, happy is he. Proverbs 16:20

Pack of Pens
You have been just write for Anthony/Jayna!
Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week, Love, Jayna/Anthony
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
 Phillipians 4:19


A nifty pen that clips onto your keys or zipper etc that also had a bible verse on it--- I added 4 "keys" to it and on those keys wrote- "Academically", "physically", "emotionally", "spiritually"
You have taught me the keys to success in 2nd/4th grade!
Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week, Love, Jayna/Anthony
Commit your work to the Lord and you will succeed.  Proverbs 16:3

In addition, each classroom made their teacher a "gift card tree" so we gave them a Kroger gift card.






I enjoy these little notes of encouragement and gratitude.   hope my children also learn to have giving hearts, not just financially but with their hearts and the use of their volunteered time as well.  This is an important attribute to me. 

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is WOW what a thoughtful person! I know it sure was fun being on the recipient side of your favorite week! I'm sure Jayna and Anthony will grow to be thoughtful as well as you model such acts of kindness all the time...not just during teacher appreciation weeks!
    This really took time and forethought to put together. ..Each day was so sweet! I loved it and I thank you for being such a dear friend to me!
    Thanks also for all the help this year...I sure will miss you next year!

    ReplyDelete