Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Break Stay-Cation Fun


The kiddos started their spring break at noon on March 21st... after a fun extended recess time :-)
 
It HAD to start at The Children's Place getting Jayna a new skirt after she ripped her jeans horribly on a nail on the playground just before school ended.

We really kicked it off with dessert at Bob Evans with Joyce before I had to go to crossing guard.
After crossing guard, I brought Will and Diamond over to play for a few hours.  Then we met up with Joyce, Lexi, Naveah, Wendy and all her kids to take a walk on Black Water Bike Trail: specifically to the tunnel.  All the kids had so much fun, and best of all it was FREE!












We brought Will and Diamond back to the house.  Will spent the night.  Diamond, I dropped off on my way to work.  Of course Jayna went to 3rdshift with me- by choice not requirement.
After work, I picked up Tabi for a playdate.  After I got a nap in, I went and got my nephew, Tristan and niece Shania.  And I am almost certain it is illegal to pass by a ice cream stand for the first time of the season and not stop--- and so we did stop!  Tristan had his first chocolate baby cone at Mister Goodies!  After Mr. Goodies we hit up the kid's consignment sale they have just twice a year.  Then, it was time for Peaksview Park where we played for hours until it started to get dark.  Then we went to Bob Evan's for supper.  Of course Uncle Marko needed some "Little Homie" time before I had to take Tristan home.  Then I took Tabi home on my way to 3rd shift.















Sunday was the typical; pick up Tabi and Mateo for church, pick up Joyce and kids for church, rush home to get Anthony and Will up and out the door w/i 10 mins, head to church.  I do my volunteer Kids Central set up.  After church we did our drop offs and then the kids along with Will and Shania played the day away, but couldn't stay since their spring breaks aren't the same as the kids so they had school Monday.



Monday was Marko's 28th birthday.  We got a lot of cleaning done during the day, so the kids were well rewarded with a visit to Snowflex.  They had a new tubing track since our last visit so they got to try that out.  Then we had a meet-up with Georgie, my former Burger King customer.  The kids played and ate while we chit-chatted as we do about every other week.  We headed home to screw up daddy's diet with watermelon and cheesecake-- his favorites that easily beat out regular cake.








On Tuesday it snowed, so that meant we had indoor plans only since I have zero desire to drive in snow.  We set up Anthony's tent he got for his birthday in the living room and the kids had an indoors camp out complete with video games, movies, and plenty of food in their camp.  Then We had Shania, Angela and Tristan from 4-11, which was even more fun!!  Of course we played in the snow!  I worked 3rd so dropped them off with Robbie on my way to work.






On Wednesday we had to do simple low key since I needed some sleep from working 3rd shift.  As a reward for letting me sleep the kids got rewarded with KFC when I came home from crossing guard and a red box movie.  Ant's buddy Alonza came over too!

On Thursday we completed another cleaning list.  The kids were well rewarded this time with Putt Putt.  They got 2 hours of unlimited rides on go karts, bumper cars and mini golf.  Jayna was super thrilled she is now allowed to drive her own go kart unlike our last visit (probably 2 years ago).  The kids liked the go karts more than anything else!  An hour into our 2 hour package deal, Jayna's classmate Michael showed up. They were both excited!  The kids played arcade with him for a while and then they all did laser tag.  Michael stayed with us to play mini-golf while his dad ran back to their restaurant across the parking lot.  After mini-golf we decided to try out Michael's familiy's restaurant, La Villa.  Marko met us there.  It was great and certainly has been added to our short list of preferred out to eat spots!













Friday was especially fun for Jayna-- and closer to especially lame for Anthony (sorry buddy)!  I did my typical crossing guard and volunteering at Sheffield- their old school.  Then I took Jayna to meet up with Alyssa, one of her classmates for a playdate hosted by Alyssa's mom.  Jayna had the best time!  She got to go to Alyssa's house and play for a while, then to the movies to watch Peabody, lunch at Chick fil a and then a little walking through the mall.  We met back at the school where the girls played together for about another hour.  Meanwhile, Anthony and I had brunch at Bob Evans.  Then Sheffield called and asked if I would stuff goody bags for the upcoming parent academy night, so I took Anthony with me to stuff 80  bags with stuff.  That wouldn't have been at the top of his to do list but he did it.  I believe volunteer work is very important so I am always glad to provide them volunteer opportunities.  Ant got a redbox movie.  Jayna and I ran to a few stores and she got her nails painted. I also rushingly packed for our Pennsylvania trip at 10pm or so!



No comments:

Post a Comment