Thursday, April 30, 2015

Social Studies Fair 2015


My Norwegian and German

Surprise, Surprise a way over-due blog that still won't include all my pictures as my lovely husband's phone had to get some "upgrade" which deleted them.  UGH.  Oh well, such is life and a reminder to only ever use MY OWN camera as it's much more simple getting access to pictures that way rather than attempting to find a convenient time for him to get me them from his device.

Each classroom studied a country:
Pre K did Mexico
Mrs. Hollie's Kindergatner's did Australia
Mrs. Jeannie's 1st and 2nd graders did Tanzania
Mrs. Kelly's 3rd and 4th graders did Norway
Mr. Billy's 5th and 6th graders did Germany
Mr. Doss's 7th and 8th graders did Brazil.

Each class did a short performance whether thru song, poem, story or even dance about their country.  I had a lot of cute picture to display this.... and now I don't and so the couple I have are lower quality as I took a majority of my pictures with Marko's phone.

Jayna's class did the store of Billy Goat Gruff, which is a Norwegian folk tale.  4 kids got acting parts: the troll, little billy goat, middle billy goat (aka Jayna) and big billy goat.
middle Billy Boat crossing the bridge

little and middle billy goats awaiting big billy goat to cross the bridge
Mr. Billy's class started by exhibiting their skills with German words!  I assume they did great but they could have told me anything, because I am still working on conquering English ;-)  but here's the best.  One of the parents introduced the class etc as Mr. Billy had been sick with the flu all week. He had come back the day before but still wasn't up to par.  He told them he was about to get sick so Mrs. Sue took the teacher role and the class went on and did their german words.  Then they began a German dance... the chicken dance...
and that is when...
YES, Mr. Billy came out dressed as a chicken to do the chicken dance with the kids!  This will forever be remembered, FOREVER!
After all the classes did their performances, we headed to each of the classrooms to visit their country.

GERMANY


HAHAH, Look at that sweaty German after having done his dance!

Anthony's project: Berlin Wall.... I learned as much as he did!
the German Castle Anthony's group built


Jayna's favorite Chicken

oh yeah,  we know how to have a special event.  Food!  Lots of Food.... and this was only the German classroom so far

NORWAY

Jayna with her project: Mammals of Norway
Jayna's posterboard and shoebox exhibit





Norwegian food: I made the two pies.... yes for a matter of fact this was my first time ever making pie

AFRICA

Welcome to Africa






AUSTRALIA


BRAZIL



MEXICO



We all had a wonderful evening with our school family!  They out-do theirselves every event we attend.  It's amazing the time, dedication and love these teachers put in, far above and beyond the norm, over the top committed to these students and giving them the best possible learning experience.  Thank you for all you continually do for my kids Mrs. Hollie, Mrs. Jeannie, Mrs. Kelly, Mr. Billy, Mr. Doss ( and Mrs. Denise, Mr. Chris, and Mrs. Michelin)  It is fully noticed, appreciated and make more difference than you realize for my kids!

1 comment:

  1. Great program, and topped off with fine food too. Fair looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete