Friday, February 14, 2020

The last 24


The most brief, vague update possible, covering 2 years so I can be caught up and feel at a comfortable spot to regularly blog again.  This was on my summer bucket list, but it never happened.  So 6-9 months delayed but here it is!  I hope to be back to blogging.  Goal is 2x a month, starting after this!  I started my writing goal small.  On my summer bucket list was also mailing my grandparents 2 letters a month and I succeeded and kept it going ever since summer too, so I am hoping   So here goes something or nothing, we will know soon enough!


Feb 2018:


Back to being able to visit Jayla's house after my first week back to work!
                         
Anthony's kind of birthday we went to Texas Roadhouse per his request: Mom and Dad's final birthday photo

Georgie and Phyllis joined

14th year official


March 2018:


Another visit to see Jayla and fam

I got my boys a haircut!

I took dad and the kids on a movie date to see I can only Imagine

weekly Jayla visit

more time with some of my favorite kiddos

Anthony's belated bday meal at Alisa's

celebrating Mashed Potatoes bday

belated bday celebration for Payden

Anthony got the defensive player of the year this season for basketball. Mr. Billy and Mr. Mark were his coaches
in honor of Mrs. Kelly's daughter Shannon & Uncle Mark's gf Regina

most of our gang

Alayna's birthday

April 2018:


Easter with Jayla

Easter basket for mom I made her

Mom jokingly told me to make the kids cleaning Easter baskets... so I did!

Toby Mac concert at LU

April 12- I took mom to have her permanent drain placed so she would no longer have to leave the house.  It was 2 days before this I knew it wasn't good.  She asked her nurse if she would make it to Jayna's birthday (10 days away).  She still wasn't doing that bad minus fluid build up in her abdomen at that point and the nurse said she thought she'd be here beyond the traveling nurse's contract which ended in May.  I called all my siblings the next day as I knew for her to ask that, it had to be worse than she was letting on.
The same day as I took mom for that procedure Jayna and Anthony had a soccer game I chose to miss because my mom didn't want me to leave until my dad got home.  She thought he would be home soon.  She was acting very out of character, so I stayed until the last minute I could wait before picking the kids up after the game.  Jayna had got hurt during the game but they thought it was minor as she went back into the game and finished it.  This photo was taken the next day.

My brother and his wife came to town as did my sister and her kids that next day for the weekend.  Mom slept most of the weekend away.  I realize I am not posting photos of her much in these blogs as I know that would have been her request as at this point she looked sickly.


Even with family in town, we visited the ortho center and her ankle was broken

April 17th mom died.  We held her service April 21st.  We requested people to wear mom's favorite colors.  Dad wrote an amazing obituary.  We worked hard on planning her memorial service.  Zach and Rebekah stepped in to spoil Jayna as this put a major damper on her birthday.  I am still grateful for their role with my kids and this is just another example.  Below is Dad's speech he did for the service.

May 2018:


Making mom day gifts with Jayla. 
Making Teacher Appreciation Week gifts with Jayla

Celebrating my bonus neice Shania's 18th birthday
Mexican, then ice cream for Shania
Took some of my favorite kids to see I can only imagien





Jayna's soccer award: Tough man
Anthony's soccer award

Indian Pow Wow


Jayla is officially a 2nd grader


May 24, Alisa told me she was pregnant

May 31 we surprised Jayla and Cory with the pregnancy announcement

Anthony's award. I wish I knew the exact title of it but like Christian Character-Community building award. All 6 teachers vote on who it would be.

After 8th grade graduation

June 2018:


Nana and Papa treated us to a visit to Ace's new water park!

Our 1st summer vacay, a trip to Nana and Papa's 
Vbs

Hunter's grad party
Quickest visit ever bc I can't miss my nephew's HS Graduation 
Father's Day in Pa
Father's Day in Pa

Vbs


Our favorite VBS: Tristan's 1st time!

A visit to Wendy's dad as a belated Dad day visit


July 2018:

Our favorite firework turned 14, Alonza!

Fun day at Alisa's with a lot of the gang!

4th of July celebration at Thomas Road with Alisa, Brandy and kids

The sprinkler station at Thomas Road

Celebrating Alonza's bday at the Salem fair

celebrating Peyton's 2nd birthday

Jayna's summer highlight was Nana Jan taking her to visit cousin Kierra and family at Kierra's dad's near VA Beach.  Jayna absolutely loves Kristi, Dwayne, Kaysyn and Kierra.  Here she is pictured with Kaysyn.
Jayna at Busch Garden's with kierra

My July highlight was our first pictures of Baby "Kahuna"

Spending band camp weeks with these boys


A birthday visit to Daddio, Wendy's dad

August 2018:

The way I honored mom's 1st birthday in Heaven was with "Kindness rocks" simply painted with the word Joy: a dual meaning!


paint night for mom's birthday weekend kick off.  Also a dual meaning as we vacationed at that Light house in 2015 with mom.  What luck mom's birthday weekend paint night would be of this!

We did a family outting to Mister Goodie's for mom's birthday.  Addi was easily the highlight.

Summer vacation 2018: WV State Fair where Zach and Rebekah met up with us and we got to see a Mercy Me concert

Dad's 40th Anniversary gift: a huge scrapbook I made him

visiting with Dwayne, Kristi, Kaysyn and Kendyl at the beach

Virginia Beach

Jayla starts 2nd grade

Anthony grade 9, Jayna grade 7

a hiking adventure with water fun with dad after a weekend of yard work together at his house

September 2018:







I ran up to PA for the wweekend to see my nephew off for Basic Training as a Marine!

I dropped Hunter and his friend off at the Recruiter's station before I left town

Visit with Jayla's family

Hospice Remembrance Service is held 4x a year for patients who died that previous season.  We postponed mom to the following season bc we weren't available for the summer service.  Dad and I attended.

Remembering Grandma Pam's birthday

Park day with Jayla

Community Service w/ Jayna's school, cleaning up Camp Blue Ridge

Gender reveal ultrasound
It's a BOY!!  Baby Kahuna is a BOY!  Let the name game fun begin.  On Sept 22 his name became official. 


Corey, Alisa and Jayla's 1st time shopping for baby Kahuna-- at Kid's Kraze with me!

Parker's Homecoming!

October 2018:



Mercy Me concert in Charlottesville, VA- for Dad's bday

Suicide Awareness Prevention walk with Dad: year 2

Desmond T. Doss 5k

My Halloween babies

Trick or Treat with most the gang

Jayna, Alayana and RyLee made Ghost Buster costumes

November 2018:

4H camp with school

Pastor Alonza is amazing with the kids and equally good grabbing the easily distracted adults attention- like me!

Night Hike

Jayna with 2 of her favorite roomies

supporting Alonza at his football game

Dad joined his church

Sabbath Education Saturday

December 2018:

Our traditional Community Market Christmas visit

Christmas visit with our favorite Leesville church friends

Celebrating Tabi's 14th birthday

Andrea's choir concert

Tabi and Abrianna's band concert

some of my favorite elves

Jayna's school Christmas program

Jayna's best friend came to the program and gave Jayna a sweet homemade piece of art

Surprise visit from our favorite Floridian Wrestler: Jesse

Christmas sing a long at Jay;a's school

Celebrating Jayla's birthday a pinch early as not to have to postpone, not knowing when Baby Malakhi will arrive

January 2019:

Jayla is 8

It's baby time: Jan 16

He's HERE: Jan 17

Our first whole group visit

Malakhi Luka-Layne; Jan 17,2019; 9lbs 15oz; perfection

Jayna introducing her baby brother to some of my favorite boys

family time

February 2019:

supporting Andrea in her school play

Jayna's talent show performance: American soldier in sign language

Anthony's allergy test: he's allergic to everything outside, dog and seafood

Anthony's 15th year celebration: bowling

fancy cupckaes when you are 15

He bought himself some anime dvd

I took him to Texas Roas House

March 2019:

Poppy took us to a concert: Casting Crowns

World MS Day: a shirt and tattoo in honor of mom

World MS day

RyLee's adoption day birthday

Malakhi's 1st snow

Supporting Dunbar and Tab- Tabi's soccer game

Anthony's hoddy from Grandma Pam

Jayna before Sabbath Education Saturday

Marko playing phones with Zariah- Jayna's babysitting job

Spring break anyone?

Mister Goodie's opens

Took Jayna to make pottery

Another family visit.  DNA holds no higher value than love

At CiCIi's to celebrate Mashed Potatoes birthday

Cool Pie shirt she made for Pi day

Happy Birthday Mashed Potatoes!

April 2019:

eye dr apt for Malakhi-- his dr thought he may be blind, I don't!

I got to hold him for the entire exam and I was so impressed with the dr and all his ways to check his eyes

Jayla and I went to a tea party with my church lifegroup. I was so happy to take her to a place my mom really loved

My first borns- biological and not so much

Jayna's soccer game... again ended badly

Tendonitis they say... but that it is very uncommon as a result of one single incident they say...

Father Daughter date!

1 year without mom

Happy Easter to my bonus babies

My 4 gifts

Anthony and Jayna's Easter baskets
Jayna's 14th birthday party at Lacaretta

signing Jayna's birthday shirt

Jayna's 14

Tristan's Birthday

my $500 shopping spree I shared with my dad


May 2019:

Mom's Mother's day gift: Hair donation

Trip to Zach and Rebekah's came with a bonus train ride from Baltimore to DC

At Zach and Rebekah's

At DC zoo with Rebekah

crafts with Aunt Rebekah

Rebekah, Zach, Steeler, Jayna and Anthony

Our new neice over a month early: Deijanae Ra'Monie Demoss

What a difference a year makes?  Celebrating the end of 2nd grade out to eat with Jayla and family

June 2019:

WV visit to see Nana, Papa, Uncle King and Aunt Chris

That's 1 expensive cat!  But we barely managed to save his life!

Nana and Papa gifted us a new experience: the coal mine museum

Tabi's middle school graduation party

Father's Day weekend trip to PA

DAD'S fATHER'S DAY GIFT

Night 1: VBS Leesville Rd Church of God

Night 1: VBS Leesville Rd Church of God

Night 1: VBS Leesville Rd Church of God

Night 1: VBS Leesville Rd Church of God

Night 1: VBS Leesville Rd Church of God

Malakhi's 1st time swimming

He slept through 6 month shots

Poppy with most his grands

We've added a new one to our gang: meet Mike

4th of July celebration at Thomas Road

July 2019:

Look who's visiting!!!

Our favorite Alligator Wrestler

Jump Fun

Jayna with her boyfriend and baby  bonus cousins

Sprayground fun

Bandcamp week means I get my boys

Peyton turns 3

Sprayground fun:Peyton

Sprayground fun: Tristan

Malakhi giving me kisses on videochat

August 2019:

WV State Fair with my hero: Smokey the Bear

Toby Mac concert at WV State Fair

Bike riding at VA Beach

Family vacay 2019

Jayla starts 3rd grade

Anthony starts 10th grade

Jayna's 1st day of school with her BFF and her at the same school for the 1st time

Jayna starts 8th grade

Jump with Jayla, Tristan, Malakhi and Jayna

My babies after church, beauties

Jayna meets baby D


September 2019:

school pictures make me laugh

Angela's baby shower

Grandma Pam's birthday

Pictures with my 2

October 2019:

Suicide Awareness Prevention Walk year 3 with Dad

Mercy Me concert for Dad's bday

meeting Micah Tyler

Dday field trip with Jayna's class

Bridge Day fun

Play Auditions at Renaisance Theater

Haunted House at ACE

mall fun with Tristan and Peyton

Pocohantas and her favorite Raccoon friend

This trio is amazing

Baby Beckham is born Oct 30.2019!  Well done Angela!


November 2019:

Lunch Dates with this one include random stops...

Like Mike is 14!

Malakhi full of crawling happiness at Basketball sign ups for Anthony

Got my little lady her winter coat

who doesn't need a sloth hug?

Thanksgiving meal with my bonus babies

Gilbert family Thanksgiving

Clark family Thanksgiving, year 2!

Thanksgiving in WV- Cousin fun

an evening visit with our favorite County Clerk before his retirement

Cousins Ryan and Anthony

December 2019:

hoops with Uncle Mark and Poppy

Her performance: Night 1

Christmas Community market fun

Family photo on our new coush

Jayna as Alice

Jayna with director Jeff

Dad's Christmas gift from mom via me and his checkbook (Thanks for helping Donna!) a clean house!

Visit to Poppy's to see the grinch

The start of my week off work

Jayna loving her Christmas Gifts

Marko with his neice

Baby D

Anthony with all the parts to build a gaming computer

post Christmas visit to the Escape room in WV

Visiting Nana, Papa and our WV family

Some of our WV fam

Final Father Daughter 2019 Photo


January 2020:

New Years at the Gilbert house- complete with smores

Opening Chrsitmas Gifts from us

I took her to her dentist after our sleepover.  Another 6 mos cavity free!

my happy baby

Sea Quest visit from me for their birthday

little cat lovers

Tabitha's pregancy gift: Mommy's future musician

Our 1st solo adventure

Jayla's 9th and Malakhi's 1st birthday party at Cici's

RyLee and Jayna's sleepover with Gigi and Poppy (aka Mrs. Jeannie and Mr. Rick, RyLee's grandparents)

Helping Georgie and Mrs. Phyllis move


February 2020:


More baby sitting fun with this trio

Babysitting when Tristan's at school

It's official she needs surgery

Jayna's buddy Dei'Dei went with Jayla and I too see the Diary of Ann Frank play at Dunbar

Jayna and Tabi with baby J went to Dei'Dei's Robinhood Play at His school-- and Mashed Potatoes wanted in my picture!

January and February have been basketball filled for Anthony

Chick Fil A fun with my bonus babies-- Malakhi was having so much fun playing with me through the tunnel window in the play place



picking locks with Marko


No comments:

Post a Comment